Keep your messages private and free from any tracking: Tutanota is the most secure email service – fast, encrypted & open source. Used by millions and recommended by security experts, this is the go-to app to protect your personal data from prying eyes.
Tutanota's secure email app comes with an encrypted calendar & encrypted contacts, all in one place. Tutanota enables you to use the benefits of the cloud – availability, flexibility, automatic back-up – without compromising on security or privacy. With Tutanota's built-in encryption you own your data, no one else can access your emails, calendars or contacts.
Tutanota comes with a light & beautiful GUI, a dark theme, instant push notifications, auto-sync, full-text search, swipe gestures and more.
What you'll love about Tutanota for Android:
– Instant display of incoming emails, no swipe down necessary.
– Instant access to your encrypted emails, calendars and contacts – also when offline.
– Focus on important mails only by quickly swiping unimportant mails to Archive or Trash.
– Instant push notifications.
– Auto-complete mail addresses as you type.
– Auto-sync between app, web client and desktop clients.
– Tutanota is a free and open source (FOSS) mail app so that security experts can check the code.
– Anonymous registration without a phone number.
– Send calendar invites directly from the secure app.
– Find everything you're looking for with our locally executed full-text search of your encrypted mail.
– Create your own free email address (ending in @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io or @keemail.me) with 1 GB of free storage.
– Create custom domain email addresses for €1 per month with optional catch-all.
– Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody.
– Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these mails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
– Automatically encrypt subject, content and attachments.
The secure email app Tutanota enables you to send end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody. Even emails that are being sent without end-to-end encryption and all your contacts are stored securely encrypted on the Tutanota servers based in Germany. Tutanota also has an encrypted agenda, easily accessible from within the mail client.
Our passion for privacy.
Tutanota is being built by a team passionate about everybody's right to privacy. We are supported by an amazing community, which enables us to grow our team continuously, making the open source email app Tutanota a lasting success without depending on venture capital interests.
Tutanota respects you & your data:
– Only you can access your encrypted emails, calendars & contacts.
– Tutanota does not track or profile you.
– Open source apps & clients.
– Innovative full-text search feature lets you easily search your mailbox.
– TLS with support of PFS, DMARC, DKIM, DNSSEC and DANE for a secure transmission of your emails.
– Secure password reset that gives us absolutely no access.
– 100% developed and located in Germany under strict Data Protection Laws (GDPR) on our own servers.
– Uses 100% renewable energy.
Official website: https://tutanota.com
Source code: https://github.com/tutao/tutanota
The Tutanota email app asks for very few permissions to keep your level of privacy to a maximum:
– Full network access: Used to send and receive emails.
– Receive data from the internet: To notify you when you receive a new mail.
– View network connections: To find out if an internet connection exists.
– Read your contacts: This enables you to select recipients from your phone's contacts.
– Read from SD card: To allow adding of attachments from the SD card to emails.
– Control vibration: To notify you when you receive a new email.
– Deactivate sleeping mode: To notify you when you receive a new email.